Family Visa to Canada

Obtain your Family Visa to Canada the easy way!

Are you thinking about taking your family members with you to Canada?

Suppose you have an aunt living in Canada who wants you to join her. Or maybe your brother received his permanent residence a long time ago and now wants you to get settled nearby, and not in distant India. Or you are married to a Canadian citizen and want to be with your spouse. If any of these instances are true, a Family visa is essential to achieve your goal. Unfortunately, there is no fiance visa to Canada. It would be best if you first got married and then apply for Family Class immigration.

If you have someone close to you living in Canada, and you want to move in with him with a family visa. For making this possible, your relative must be willing to sponsor you. When you enter Canada, your sponsor must have the financial potential to support you and your family members who are accompanying you in meeting basic needs like food, household goods, clothing, medical bills, housing, etc. Sponsorship is seen as a formal commitment by your relative for at least three years from the date you become a permanent resident. For some cases, this duration can be up to ten years.

Your family member must meet a fairly long list of requirements to be your eligible sponsor:

  • Should be over 18 years of age.
  • Should be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
  • Should not be receiving any kind of social support for any reason other than disability.
  • Should not be bankrupt.
  • Have no outstanding immigration or other debt to the Canadian Government.
  • Not be currently imprisoned or incarcerated.
  • Have not been convicted of any violent charges.
  • Has a history of making timely court-ordered payments.


Documentations needed from your side for a family visa:

  • Birth certificates,
  • Baptismal certificates,
  • Certificates of name change (if any),
  • Official documents confirming the relationship between you and your family members.
  • Certificates of marriage, divorce, death of a spouse, annulment of marriage, if any of this applies to you.
  • Child adoption documents, photos from the adoption ceremony, custody documents, if applicable.
  • If this applies to you, consent for immigration of a child under 18 years old from the second parent.
  • Photocopy of passport pages with name, date of birth, photo, passport validity, date, and place of birth.

After receiving all the required documents, your sponsor must submit the whole package of documents to the Canada immigration office. In addition, he must pay all the necessary charges: application processing fees and the Right to Permanent Residence.

If your application is approved, the documents are sent to the Visa Section at the Canadian Embassy in India.

After all the initial process, you may be scheduled for an interview at the embassy of Canada. They can also request additional documents that are not listed in the main list of documents. If you have been scheduled for an interview and have asked for additional documents from you, do not post them but carry them to the interview.

You must undergo a medical examination after a positive selection. If everything goes well, you will receive a Canada Family Visa Permit Letter to become a citizen of Canada.

Why choose Gazette Immigration?

As you can observe, visa processing is an oblique and time-consuming procedure that requires a lot of attention and patience. One wrong move and the process gets delayed or, far worse, your visa gets canceled. This is exactly why you should trust our professional experts and relax at home while we get your family visa done for you.

Get fast, transparent, and efficient visa processing with Gazette Immigration by your side.

Get in Touch with Trusted
Immigration Consultants

Get Free Consultation

Certified International Lawyers

Khaleej Times
IELTS logo
IDP Logo
home affairs
Migration Agents

BestCheap Residential Proxies