Many people are opting to go to Canada and settle there. Even Canada is one such country that welcomes newcomers who can actively participate in the social, cultural, economic, and political affairs of the country. Many people wish to become Canadian citizens. For this, people need the proper information on applying for a Canadian citizenship visa.
There is a proper set of procedures that the person needs to follow to have Canadian citizenship. Let’s have a look at them.
- Just make sure you are eligible: While applying for any form, it is imperative to make sure that you are eligible for applying that or not. Different things need to be fulfilled like you must be a permanent resident of Canada. The person might be physically present in Canada. The person must be filling the income taxes for at least 3 years within 5 years plan. Must have a proper hold on either English or French language. All these are essential points that make a person eligible for further steps.
- Calculate how long you have been in Canada: These days, online calculators are made available to help the person exactly count the number of days they have spent in Canada. Before sending this report with the application, just verify everything in advance.
- Gather all the essential documents: To support all the information stated in the application form, you need to collect all the documents regarding it. This might include a passport, travel documents, photocopies of personal identification, and document that verifies your proof of English or French ability.
- Complete the application form: All the questions asked in the Application form must be provided with the most convenient solutions. Once the application form is completed and checked properly, you can upload it to the website.
- Pay the fees: Further important step is to pay fees for the application form online. Mostly the application fees can be around $ 630 for each applicant who is above the age of 18.
- Prepare for the best: All the applicants who are between the age of 18 to 54 needs to go through a one-day test. This step also plays a very important role in whether the person will get into further proceedings or not. The test will have around 20 questions, so the person needs to answer 15 questions properly.
- Go for interview: After the test is cleared, the candidate is called for the interview session. All the original documents are submitted there.
- Wait for the final decision: According to the application form, test, and interview, the final decision will be made about the applicant. If all the requirements are fulfilled, the person will be officially notified along with the information about the citizenship ceremony.
- Citizenship ceremony and oath: The last step in getting Canadian citizenship is to take an oath and become a Canadian citizen.
All this process needs to be undertaken quite carefully to get the best results in the end. You can get accurate information about Canadian citizenship visa requirements from Gazette Immigration.June 2nd, 2022