student visa for canada Over a lakh of overseas students’ study at Canadian universities each year. Canada offers a diverse range of opportunities and lively culture in addition to a high-quality educational system. Many students want to enroll themselves in Canadian universities.
Criteria for eligibility: qualifications in education
- A graduate with a 50 percent score from a UGC or AICTE approved university is the minimum qualifying criteria.
- The graduation degree must be completed in the period allotted, with no year of deferment.
- B. Com is a three-year degree, for example. The customer should have completed it in no more than three years.
- Engineering, for example, is a four-year programme. The customer should have finished the project in no more than four years.
- During the graduation time, the customer should not have more than ten backlogs.
Prepare your documents
To apply for a Study Visa for Canada, you must provide the following documents:
- a copy of your letter of admission from a DLI
- a copy of your medical examination confirmation evidence of your Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)
- evidence of payment of tuition fees for at least the first year
- proof of passing a language exam with a minimum score of 6 in English (International English Language Testing System) or a minimum score of 7 in French.
Apply via online or offline:
If you opt to apply for your visa online, you must first create an account. This account will assist you in preparing and submitting your application online, as well as allowing you to track the status of your visa application. You can upload all of the essential papers specified after logging into your account with the information supplied in the email. You can pay, submit and track your status online.
If you want to apply via paper, you may submit it to a visa application centre in your region once you’ve completed your visa application. You can submit your papers, do the biometry and pay for everything in the centre.
The time it takes to complete a visa application might vary based on a variety of circumstances, according to the Canadian government’s website. Processing times may be longer than usual at the moment owing to the COVID-19 epidemic. You may visit their website for updates on the processing time for your student visa.
Obtain your GIC.
One of the papers you’ll need to provide to study in Canada and acquire a visa is a GIC or Guaranteed Investment Certificate. You may create a GIC account with either Scotiabank or ICICI Bank Canada, as these are the two participating Canadian financial institutions in India at the moment. For the next 12 months, you’ll get a fixed rate of interest. These funds might assist you in meeting your educational expenditures. After 12 months, you will get your initial investment as well as any interest that has accumulated.
Examine your health
Before applying for a student visa, the Canadian government requires you to get your health evaluated. Your medical examination must be performed by one of the doctors mentioned on their website. This usually takes place around a month after you submit your application. You can, however, get your medical examination done before submitting your student visa application.August 4th, 2021